The Oak Park Regional Housing Center and The Book Table are sponsoring a fiction contest for Oak Park area writers. The winner will receive publication in The Oak Parker’s first issue of 2015 and a $100 gift certificate for The Book Table. The top three stories will be published here on The Oak Parker’s website.
- Entries must address themes related to diversity and/or community.
- Entries must be original fiction, up to 7,500 words. No flash fiction, please.
- One entry per author. No entry fee!
- All genres welcome. Please keep in mind that The Oak Parker is a family-oriented publication.
- Please do not submit work that has been previously published; however, authors will retain rights to have their stories published elsewhere after The Oak Parker publication.
- Authors must be residents of Oak Park, Austin (Community Area of Chicago), Bellwood, Berwyn, Cicero, Elmwood Park, Forest Park, Maywood, or River Forest.
How to submit:
- Entries must be in .doc, .docx, or .pdf format.
- Entries should use a 12-point font and 1.5-line spacing.
- On your cover page, include your name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Include your name in the top right corner of each page of your document.
- Email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “The Oak Parker Short Fiction Contest” in the subject line.
- Deadline for submission is January 15, 2015. No entries will be accepted after this date.
Photo adapted from UNE Photos.